As a followup to last week’s post, one of our readers suggested another way of using Win2PDF to create a single tax-related archival PDF file. Here’s what she suggested:
- Create a copy of the Win2PDF printer that is dedicated for saving tax-related documents. Call it something like, “Win2PDF – Tax Archive“
- Change the Auto-name settings on this printer with the following options.
- Set the file name to something like “Tax Archive.pdf“
- Check the option to include date and set it to “Year Only“
- Check the append option
- Whenever you have a tax-related document you wish to preserve (like an email confirmation for an online donation, or a medical receipt), print this document to your “Win2PDF – Tax Archive” printer.
The document you print will automatically be appended to this 2019 Tax Archive.pdf file. When the new year arrives, it will create and start writing to 2020 Tax Archive.pdf. And that’s it. You’ll have one single PDF file to review before you do next year’s taxes.