The latest release of Win2PDF (10.0.144) is now available on the Win2PDF Download site.
The biggest additions to this release are specific to the Win2PDF Pro version of the software, which now supports the ability to batch convert standard word processing documents (Microsoft Word, Open Document Text, and Rich Text Format) to PDF.
Here’s a summary of changes in this new version:
- Added support for batch converting Microsoft Word documents to PDF (DOCX to PDF, DOC to PDF, RTF to PDF) and batch converting OpenDocument Text documents to PDF (ODT to PDF). (Win2PDF Pro feature only)
- Added DOCX, DOC, RTF, ODT, and TXT input formats and DOCX, RTF, ODT, and XPS output formats to batch convert feature, the watch folder and convert feature, and the CONVERTTO command line. (Win2PDF Pro feature only)
- Added new command lines DOCX2PDF, DOC2PDF, RTF2PDF, ODT2PDF, and TXT2PDF. (Win2PDF Pro feature only)
- Added support for viewing DOCX, RTF, ODT, and Text files to the Win2PDF Desktop viewer, and exporting as DOCX, RTF, and ODT. (Win2PDF Pro feature only)
- Automatically install the Win2PDF OCR add-on for Win2PDF Pro. (Win2PDF Pro feature only)
- Added optional timeout parameter to HTML2PDF command line.
- Added support for PRINTPDFDIRECT command line to print to printers that support “Direct PDF” printing.
- Added support for GETCONTENTSEARCHBELOW to search for content directly below a search term.
- Added “Search below” option to the Define Auto-Name Search Field in the Win2PDF Desktop user interface.
- Added an error log named “Win2PDFErrorLog.csv” if an error occurs during a batch convert. (Win2PDF Pro feature only)
This Win2PDF 10 update is a free upgrade for all Win2PDF 7 and Win2PDF 10 users. If you have an existing Win2PDF standard edition license and wish to use any of the new Win2PDF Pro features, you can purchase a Win2PDF Pro Upgrade.
We’ll be posting more specific information on some of these features next week, with more details on changes to the interface and how these new features can be used. In the meantime, if you would like to evaluate one of the new Win2PDF Pro features (PDF watermark, PDF security, batch-convert, auto-rename, or watch folder), contact us for a free 30 day trial of Win2PDF Pro.