Win2PDF 10 has moved some of image-related file output options to a new printer called Win2Image. This feature is useful, for example, if you wanted to include a chart or graph from a proprietary program into another document. In this case, you’d simply print to a JPEG file and then insert the JPEG into the other document.
This new printer, which is installed by default and is included at no extra charge, also includes new image output options. It supports the following image formats:
- TIFF (monochrome)
- TIFF (color)
- JPEG (grayscale)
- JPEG (color)
- GIF (grayscale)
- GIF (color)
- PNG (grayscale)
- PNG (color)
- BMP (grayscale)
- BMP (color)
Below is a short video that shows how Win2Image is used to create image files.
Try Win2Image today by downloading the Win2PDF 10 software.
We’ve just released our latest and greatest version of Win2PDF with some significant new features, and it’s available now at our Win2PDF 10 download page.
We’ll be covering these features in greater detail over the next several weeks, but here’s an overview:
- Win2PDF 10 fully supports Microsoft Windows 10 and continues to support Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
- Win2PDF 10 Terminal Server Edition continues support for Windows Server 2003, Server 2008 (+R2), and Server 2012 (+R2).
- Win2PDF 10 has added the ability to save files as JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, or BMP images (color or black & white) through a new Win2Image printer, which is included at no additional charge.
- Win2PDF 10 adds support for appending to an existing PDF in the Win2PDF Desktop application.
- Win2PDF 10 adds support for extracting pages from an existing PDF* in the Win2PDF Desktop application. (* Available in Win2PDF Pro version only)
- Win2PDF 10 adds support for deleting pages from an existing PDF** in the Win2PDF Desktop application. (** available in licensed copies only of Win2PDF or Win2PDF Pro)
- Win2PDF 10 improves the Auto-name feature by adding custom file name configuration, along with an always append option.
- Win2PDF 10 makes it easier to add a new copy of the Win2PDF printer. Auto-name and other settings are stored separately for each printer, so you can create different Win2PDF printers for specific settings.
- Win2PDF 10 improves performance and reliability.
Win2PDF 10 is a free upgrade for Win2PDF 7 users. If you purchased Win2PDF before October 2009, you can purchase an upgrade for Win2PDF 10 on the updates page.
We’ll be adding more updates on these new features in the coming weeks, but please download you copy today and get started.